Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A lovely gift

First off, THANK YOU for the wonderful comments about my new hat. I can't even TELL you how happy and excited I am with it. I feel a little like a whole new world of knitting has opened up for me now - silly, in a way, but it is what it is.

I'm not going to talk about my own knitting today, but instead about a lovely gift I received for my birthday this past spring.

Suzanne made this for me. Isn't it gorgeous?
DH_Scarf 2

You can't really see from the picture, but it is also huuuuuge! Longer than I am tall, and incredibly cuddly warm. Now that the temperature is finally dropping, I actually got to wear it today, and it is perfect to keep me snug warm with a light jacket, and I bet it'll be even more delicious when it's cold enough to really need bundling.

The best part about it though, is that when I put it on, it feels like I'm wearing a big hug from Suzanne.

Awesome.

3 comments:

Una Spenser said...

Funny, I'm wearing a sweater that Suzanne knit today. Finally needing that extra layer, I went right to it. So, Suzanne's warming up our world today! Thanks, Suzanne.

Ariel said...

Wow, that's some serious knitterly love. How beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How in the world did I miss this post until today, December 29, 2007? I am so happy that it suits you. Big hug!