I'm very pleased to report that the Knit-a-Thon was a success.
On a personal level - I finished nearly all my squares. I did have 50, but largely only because Suzanne and Allison chipped in and knit a few squares for me. I might have finished all fifty, but the breathing room I gained from the squares they knit gave me the time to fully finish all of the, ends woven in and everything.
Here's a picture of the second batch of squares, all pinned out and blocking
This is all the squares, packed up and ready to travel to the seaming party
I also raised about half of my goal - $250 dollars, so far (note, though, that my giving page stays active until December 31st, so if you should have a stray few dollars, I'm happy to accept anything you're willing to give). It isn't as much as I wanted, but I'm still pleased.
On an event level, it was definitely a success.
I spent nearly the entire day at the seaming party - we finished 16 blankets on Sunday, and many of us brought home a blanket's worth of squares to finish over the next month or so. About 100 knitters contributed squares to the event, and 63 people came to help finish blankets.
There's a few pictures of the event on my flickr page if you want to take a peek.
The event raised nearly $16,000 for the Pine St. Inn, which is a pretty big sum for a first time event.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed and helped me with this project.