Monday, October 02, 2006

Sock Wars!



That might be the fastest I've ever knit a pair of socks. It helped that the gauge meant that these will really be more like bed socks than real everyday wear socks.

I was not helped by the fact that I forgot all about sock wars, until my assassin e-mailed me on Monday morning asking for my address. Oh crap! I forgot all about it! Thankfully, I had yarn in the stash that worked for the socks, and I was off and runnning.


Knit like a damn fool all week, and got these off in the mail juuuuust before the post office closed for the night on Friday evening. Just checked my tracking number, and saw they'd been delivered this afternoon.

No sign of my socks yet, but I'm expecting to be toast any moment now.

Details:

Pattern is yarnmonkey's sock wars pattern (duh) found here.

Yarn is Cascade 220 (black) and Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies (Bittersweet) for the toes. I know the pattern called for DK weight, and I think the Cascade is technically worsted, but I didn't like the fabric I was getting at that gauge with the thinner yarn. Didn't seem like a good sock fabric. So, I found something I liked better that I was getting gauge with.

4 comments:

maryse said...

those are really cute. i love 'em.

Jeanette said...

The socks look great! Congrats on hitting your target before you got hit.

Anonymous said...

What festive socks. And you really finished them fast. Impressive! -Rebecca

Anonymous said...

love the toes! what a fun contrast.