Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Turns out, it's not that hot

Knitting, no problem. Sleeping, no problem. Didn't try cooking tonight either, since I'm not crazy.

Clams at the beach, pretty cool with the nice sea breeze. Widget and Daddy played on the beach while I sat on the seawall and enjoyed my book.

I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle right now, and am really enjoying it. A good companion to Omnivore's Dilemma which I read a few months back.

Reading has really been cutting into my knitting time lately - it seems I only really have time for one or the other. Do you find that to be true?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely true, but better for the mind. Also, the hands get time to relax. ("Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell is now stealing time from knitting over here.)

Ariel said...

Those are great books to read together. I did Prodigal Summer and The Botany of Desire one right after the other a few years ago - another awesome Kingsolver/Pollan combo. I've also heard books on tape help with the knitting vs. reading dilemma...