Thursday, July 03, 2008

Beginnings of the Forest Path Stole

I've spent the past two nights working on a swatch for the Forest Path Stole. The yarn I am using is a cone of laceweight rayon that I bought at Rhinebeck two years ago. It's beautiful, but also unlabeled - the woman at the booth said it was rayon, it looks like rayon, but I decided I wanted a good lace swatch so I could make sure it was going to block out the way I wanted before I committed to the entire project.

Washed and blocked it last night, and so far it seems to be lovely. I've learned it's a good idea to let a blocked lace swatch rest overnight before concluding that it's going keep its fully blocked shape, but I think I'll be casting on for this one tonight while I zone out with some tv.

I think it's going to be awfully pretty when it's finished. Here's a picture of Mr. Swatch lounging around on my pillow.

Forest Path Swatch

You can see the gorgeous sheen of the yarn, and I am just in love with the delightful springy color.

2 comments:

Linda said...

entrelac + lace = Ooooo! Pretty!

Siercia said...

Thanks!

I hope it'll turn out nice.